On Sunday 15 December 2013 the eighth marathon of Spijkenisse will take place.
The marathon is organized by SPARK athletics.
Do you still have a question after reading the information on this site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spijkenisse is situated near Rotterdam.
Apart from the whole marathon there are various other distances.
|11.30 h||€ 4.00||€ 6.00|
|11.30 h||€ 6.00||€ 9.00|
|11.15 h||€ 8.00||€ 12.00|
|11.00 h||€ 17.50||€ 25.00|
- there are enough shower en changing facilities
- first aid helpers will be present
- each participant will receive a medal
- the 1/2 marathon has a time limit of 2.5 hours.
- wheelers can not participate
- total amount of prize money is max. € 3000, divided between the distances and categories.
- the categories in the Marathon are: M, M35+, M40+, M50+, M60+, F, F35+, F40+, F50+, F60+
special information about the marathon:
- about every 5 km there are water and energy drinks (Isostar lemon) available, at 25 km there are also bananas and from 30km on there is warm tea available.
- each km is marked
- after the finish there is energy drink (Isostar lemon), water, beef tea and fruit available
- the time limit for the marathon is 5 hours.
- Participation is at your own risk. The minimum age for the marathon is 18 years.
Foreign participants can enter via the entry form but if they have a Dutch bank account they can also use form da. Pre entrance is possible until December 10th 2013.
If the organisation has to cancel the run, for instance because of extreme weather conditions, half of the entrance fee will be repaid.
List of competitors: competitors2013
In previous marathons we have had competitors from Belgium, the USA, the United Kingdom, Canada, Portugal, Republic of South Africa and from Germany.
Hotel arrangement: especially for the participants of the Spark marathon Spijkenisse two hotels have special offers.
Carlton Oasis offers a double room for € 60; breakfast included. The hotel is situated 2.5 km from the start and has a swimming pool en sports facilities.
Atlas hotel is situated within walking distance from the start and offers a double room for €75; breakfast included. In this hotel you do not have to check out until 17.00 hours.
For both arrangements you have to contact the hotel personally and mention the special offer.